About the role
Supabase is looking for a Developer Advocate in US timezone. Supabase is a fully remote company and this is a remote role, that being said, we have some specific timezone and location coverage needs, so candidates who can operate in US timezone and can easily reach events within the US will be preferred.
- Attend conferences, meetups, and other events in person and in US (time).
- Develop and deliver engaging talks and educational materials.
- Write articles and create video tutorials
- Represent Supabase online via social media (Twitter, TikTok) and live coding streaming on a regular schedule.
- Work with the rest of the team, and the marketing team to develop swag and memes.
- Build examples using Supabase and other frameworks.
- Improve our documentation.
- Aid in the development of our client libraries.
- Respond to GitHub Issues and Discussions.
- Aid in developing the SupaSquad community program
For the right candidate, additional responsibilities may include:
- Working with the Founders to construct and execute on a hiring plan to grow the Developer Relations team.
- 3+ Years Experience as a Software Engineer.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Experience working with GitHub source code management, and CI/CD tools.
Nice to have
- Prior DevRel experience not required but need to show some background and desire for the outlined responsibilities.
- Fluency in another spoken language.
- Familiar with Postgres, Golang, or mobile app development is a plus.
Supabase is an open source Firebase alternative. We're backed by Y Combinator, Mozilla, Coatue, and a bunch of amazing developers.
Supabase is a platform which makes it incredibly easy to build and scale your projects.
About the team
- 100% remote. Work anywhere in the world. No location-based adjustment to your salary.
- Autonomous work. We work collaboratively on projects, but you set your own pace.
- We're a startup. It's unstructured.
- Collectively founded more than a dozen venture-backed companies.
- More than 10 different nationalities.
- We deeply believe in the efficacy of collaborative open source. We support existing communities and tools, rather than building "yet another xx".
- We "dogfood" everything. If you use it in your project, we use it in Supabase.
Apply for this role using our online form.
- We hire in batches, but accept applications on a rolling basis, so now is always a good time to apply :)
- The entire process is fully remote and all communication will happen over email or via video chat.
- Once you've submitted your application, the team will review your submission, and may reach out for a short screening interview over video call.
- If you pass the screen you will be invited to up to four follow up interviews. The calls:
- usually take between 20-45 minutes each depending on the interviewer
- are all 1:1
- will be with both founders, a member of either the growth or engineering team (depending on the role), and usually one other person from your immediate team or function.
- Once the interviews are over, the team will meet to discuss several roles and candidates and may:
- ask one or two follow-up questions over email or a quick call
- go directly to making an offer
Create your own role.
Develop insights with the Growth Team.
Get our tools in front of the next billion developers.
Develop and Maintain our Auth Products.
Go deep on Postgres internals and extensions.
Take the lead on our internal and external written communications
Cloud Platform Engineers and SRE's
Build our cloud platform.
Get more developers interested in Postgres and Supabase.
Build internal tooling, automated tests, and support processes.
Build our Dashboard, tools, tests, and infra.
Graphic / Web Designers
Build our brand and visual communication.
Front End Developers
Build our Dashboard, tools, tests, and client libraries.
Take the lead on our technical recruitment.